Langdon and District Chamber of Commerce Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, Sept 19, 2018, Langdon Waterworks Boardroom
- Call to order 12:15 pm
- In Attendance: Terri Torraville, Alysha Bates, Carla Lomenda, Peter Loats.Guests:
Rebecca from Rocky View County (Regional Resilience Program) and Angela Sawh,
Senior Manager Disaster Risk Reduction for the Canadian Red Cross (Ready Rating
- Regional Resilience Program can provide the following resources:
- Economic Business Resilience Course – 1-day course
- Ready Rating Program – free online
- Insurance Risk Vulnerability for business
- Ready Rating Program:
- Program is free online and is based on the program in use by the American Red Cross
- Provides info – identifies gaps in your readiness and what you can do to fill them.
- Provides an assessment at the end so you can see how you compare to other
businesses in your field.
- Provides a template for an emergency response plan.
- Provides resources.
● Provides steps for business continuity in the event of a disaster, as well as operational or
financial disruption or disruption due to death or key staff leaving.
- There is a Seal available through the American Red Cross that states that you are
Ready Rating Certified.
- The program has shown to improve community collaboration in an emergency.
- The program would be sponsored by the Chamber and be inclusive of community
groups, businesses, schools and churches. Once the groups are involved this has a
trickle effect down to personal preparedness.
- This is currently in the Pilot Program state and the Langdon Chamber qualifies as a
sponsor under the pilot program.
- Pilot program includes initial session, follow up and after pilot follow up – what’s next?
- Could include some of the smaller surrounding communities such as
Dalemead, and Indus.
- The Board will discuss setting up this pilot program in Langdon.
- Adjournment 1:10pm.